Firstly, a very warm welcome to my career profile website.
I am an experienced Corporate IT Professional with over 25 years experience in Banking, Oil & Gas, Process & Engineering, Aerospace, Telecommunications, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics and Utilities.
For the last 15 years, worked in a number of senior roles as a Software Developer, Solutions Architect, Consultant, Project Manager and Lead Developer on a large range of corporate IT projects.
During this time, I have developed a strong proven skill set in Solution Architecture, Development Implementation, Business and Technical Strategy, IT Project Management, Business Analysis, Sales support and leading large teams. I have always played a key role in corporate level strategic planning and implementation. I possess both determination and attention to detail. I produce work to a very high standard.
I have always been very enthusiastic about the IT world and technology. I have been working with local schools to help teach IT and computer programming by running events where I teach programming with mobile robotics. See here for more information on that.
I recently obtained two patents – for original design work. One of these is about measuring the size of a queue in a bank branch using image processing. I am also involved in number of “Internet of Things” projects at Barclays looking for opportunities to leverage new technologies to help improve the customer experience.
I think that there are many wonderful open source applications today and none better than WordPress. My career profile on this site is based on WordPress.
In my spare time – I recently fulfilled a lifelong dream and learned to play a musical instrument and formed a small rock band and applied some of my technical skills to drive a drum machine and synthesizer.
From here you can see my working experience from my first steps in writing code in Fortran IV and 6502 assembler to designing solutions for some of the worlds largest companies.
Core Skills – Technical and Business
- TOGAF 9 Certified – 64323
- World class expertise in Unix and Windows Application and Infrastructure design and implementation.
- In depth knowledge of all major corporate Unix and Windows Platforms AIX 5.x, Solaris 8-10, Linux RedHat, HP-UX, Windows NT,2000,2003,2008,Vista,7 and MacOSX 10.X
- In depth knowledge of RDBMS systems and architectures, Oracle 10 and 11 and SQL Server 2000-2008, MySQL
- Virtualisation Design and Implementation of VMWare, Citrix XenServer and Windows Terminal Server Architecture
- Corporate mobile application design with iPhone 3.0 SDK
- Proven delivery knowledge and experience of Prince 2 Project Processes.
- Good knowledge of validation and regulatory processes for IT systems in Pharmaceutical and Banking
- IBM Websphere MQ Solution design and implementation
- Proven presentation and negotiating skills to board level
Industrial Engineering – Good definition of it on Wiki… Click here
Getting involved with workflow and MQ/Messaging systems was a good fit for my Academic qualifications. I have completed an IBM certification in Websphere MQ Solution design… Click here to see the cert.
I am also doing a SharePoint /Documentum project which is giving me a firm grounding in both architecture and SharePoint internals. I am particularly interested in how to extend the Document Library function.